Pet Peeve: Forests and Land Value

So here's something that I noticed in the beta. As you can imagine, some things will change after the final version is released to the public, so I'm holding out hope that this may be something that Maxis reconsiders. Behold the following two images of the same location:

The first image is of the actual map showing an area that contains two extensive parks and then immediately below them on the other side of the road is a forest which I planted. The second image is of the land value map for the exact same area (I moved the camera slightly).

This is visual evidence that planted forests (circled in green) offer no value to the land they occupy and I think that's a mistake. I think proximity to a forest should do two things: clean up air pollution and increase the land value on neighboring properties. They are the only member of the "parks" HUD that fails to increase land value. This exclusion strikes me as odd.

Any way, it was just something I noticed that bugged me.

No comments:

Post a Comment