I know that my format can get a little confusing because there's no way of knowing when I update a page that was posted 10 days ago. This page will keep a running tally of all the changes I make to the site so that you can see in a glance the most recent content updates.
March 15, 2013
- Added -- SimCity 411: The Mass Transit Network
- Added -- SimCity 248: Community Colleges
March 14, 2013
- Video Added!!! -- Episode 8: Cops and Robbers
- Video Added!!! -- Episode 7: Buses
March 12, 2013
- Video Added!!! -- Episode 6: The Double Road
- Added -- SimCity 403: Interlacing RC
- Updated -- 190: Reports (Approval Rating)
- Updated -- 281: Culture Plops (added Arc de Triomphe)
Day 6: Cleanup
So, the carefully planned format that I came up with went to hell when I got all excited about playing and putting up content. Today, I'm cleaning up the home page and nav bar by introducing two new subpages: videos and news.
- Video Added!!! -- Episode 5: Tracing the Water Table
- Added -- Video Section
- Added -- This Page!
- Added -- Navbar
Updates for March 11, 2013
Day 5: Working Hard
So, I've been working hard all morning trying to pull together some mathematical calculations for a big reveal I plan on doing later today. However, my server went down so while I'm waiting, I'm updating the Web site.
Panicked by the recent unavilability of server space, Maxis has installed server farms all over the world in an attempt to stem the tide. This is big news, people. SimCity servers are now available anywhere on the globe. So if you're one of the 4,490 people living in Antarctica right now, there's even a server for you.
That's right: there's a server... for Antarctica.
Today's New Stuff
- Video Added!!! -- SimCity 406: Measurement and the Simeter
- Added -- SimCity 406: Measurement and the Simeter
- Added -- SimCity 405: The Double Road
- Updated -- Simcity 5 Planning Mode Camera
They fixed it, so I took a photo and created a better explanation.
Updates for March 10, 2013
Day 4: Jazzed
Rolling right along, I'm working on some of the more mundane stuff right now while I'm waiting for the servers to cooperate. I did discover an odd little bug, today. It turns out that you can have two city halls in sandbox mode. I don't know if it happens in regular mode, nor do I know if they combine to add additional bonuses or more picketers.
- Video Added!!! -- SimCity 499: Game Settings
- Added -- Hardest and Easiest City Site
- Added -- In Defense of the Small Board Size
- Added -- SimCity 455: Wind
- Added -- SimCity 450: Resources
- Added -- SimCity 404: Don't Take What they Give You
- Added -- SimCity 306: Sunrunner Bay
- Added -- SimCity 246: Libraries
Updates for March 8, 2013
Day 3: Still Upbeat
Many people are grumpy. However, I am not one of them.
Update: 6:16 PM
Holy crap, what a day! I got into a server about six hours ago and I had no crashes or interruptions and several of the bugs have been fixed. I'm very excited and absolutely lousy with content. It's going to take me a while, but I'm starting right now. Behold, the list below is about to grow!
- Video Added!!! -- SimCity 137: Parks
- Added -- SimCity 499: Game Settings
- Added -- SimCity 281: Culture Ploppables
- Added -- SimCity 156: Events and Tourism
- Updated -- 310: Cape Trinity
Removed all the crazy stuff I noticed in the beta that isn't there anymore and added charts and a more thorough examination of the region and it's city sites
- Updated -- 146: Mass Transit
Updates for March 7, 2013
As I add stuff to the site today, I'll post an update here on this post like I did yesterday. I'd also like to say thank you to the 1,000+ people who stopped by yesterday. You guys rock!
And to you -- I say, welcome!
- Added -- Simcity Planning Mode Camera [Bug]
- Added -- SimCity 407: Bus Stops
- Added -- SimCity 257: City Hall
- Added -- SimCity 249: University
- Added -- SimCity 240: Garbage Ploppables
- Added -- SimCity 235: Hospitals
- Added -- SimCity 234: Large Police Station
- Added -- SimCity 233: Large Fire Station
- Added -- SimCity 230: Health Clinic
- Added -- SimCity 208: Pollution Planning
- Changed -- 312: Norwich Hills
A total overhaul with lots more gameplay strategy.
- Updated -- 501: Heroes and Villains Expansion
- Updated -- 401: Water Table
Added water table map example.
- Updated -- 258: Mayor's Houses
- Updated -- 242: Water Ploppables
Updates for March 6, 2013
Day 1: Working Hard
11 million cities launched today: I own two of them!
So, I've been playing all morning. Now that the servers have started to jam up, I'm updating the blog. I'm going to start keeping a list of changes I've made to the Web site here in this post. Based on my format, because I like to keep sections in order some of the newest stuff gets sent to the back.
I'll keep posting to this page so that you're always up-to-date.
And we're off and running. I'm working on about three hours of sleep, trying to get as much content on the site as possible. I've got my first city up and running: 50K people. Weak by my standards, but that's because I'm spending time taking lots of screenshots.
- How to Beat the Getting Started Tutorial
- 12 Shortcuts You Must Know
- Created -- SimCity 501: Heroes and Villains Expansion
- Created -- SimCity 300: Regions
- Created -- SimCity 261: Coal Mine
- Created -- SimCity 258: Mayor's House
- Created -- SimCity 255: Train Station
- Created -- SimCity 254: Ferry
- Created -- SimCity 251: Shuttle Bus
- Created -- SimCity 241: Sewage Ploppables
- Created -- SimCity 155: Disasters
- Updated -- SimCity 120: Regions and City Sites
- Updated -- SimCity 110: City Specializations
- Expanded -- SimCity 199: M-, S-, and HUDs
City Customization HUD Screenshots
- Expanded -- SimCity 133: Power
Updates for March 5, 2013