So, this page is my SimCity 5 update page. It's going to contain a couple of pieces of information. First, it's going to contain information about any new packs that you can buy. Also, this will house the list of SimCity 5 update patches and what they fixed. Finally, any other Maxis related announcements as I find out about them will be here as well.
No announcements at this time.
Available to Buy
- Heroes and Villains Pack
- Digital Deluxe Upgrade Pack (London, Paris, and Germany)
The only good thing about have an online-always game is that it will always be up to date. Here's a list of things they have fixed along the way.
Patch 1.7 (March 18, 2012)
- All units and buildings can now be demolished using the bulldoze tool.
- Performance improvements for low spec systems.
- Tuned traffic congestion and fixed some intersection traffic issues.
- Emergency vehicles will drive in empty lanes to get around traffic at intersections.
- Emergency and delivery vehicles get priority over regular traffic when leaving garage.
- New Server: Asia 2!
Patch 1.6 (March 16, 2012)
- Regional Achievements on
- Only go through the Getting Started Scenario only once. Those playing before the update must go through the Getting Starting Scenario once before they will see the Play menus when switching servers.
- Fix for a gameplay crash
- UI improvement: We increased the length of time that system alerts are displayed to enhance readability
- Graphics: shader change to improve look of walls and parking lots
- Improvement: airport runway placement
- Budget transaction optimization to increase performance
- Update of buffers on buildings to save memory
- Performance improvement for lower end machines
- Database performance upgrades to improve response times
Patch 1.5 (March 12, 2012)
- This patch fixes an issue that was causing the game to crash.
- Optimizations to improve latency. The Region wall and city to city trading will be more responsive.
- Database optimizations that will improve the success rate for connections.
- Fixed an issue with rollbacks. Higher chance of success and less chance of getting in a rollback loop.
Patch 1.4 (March 10, 2012)
- Update to the “Select a Server” dialog in the game launcher. This will now indicate which servers you have active cities on
- Fix for issue where selection shard did not display when the previously selected server is down
- Fix for problem where some players were getting stuck when switching shards in the server select menu
- +1 new server: Antarctica
Patch 1.3 (March 9, 2012)
- Fix for crash related to the highway interchanges and vehicles.
- Traffic was optimized for complex road sections.
- Fix for specific case of city processing that forced players to rollback their cities to a previous state.
- Fix for crash some players saw when exiting their city.
- Rapidly clicking or accidentally double clicking the Claim city button will no longer create multiple regions.
- Removed filtering by friends and maps on the Join Game screen to better support database performance. Players can still find friends' regions by going to their friends' profile pages.
- Various database optimization to address issues with connecting to our servers
- +8 additional servers!
Patch 1.2 (March 7, 2012)
- Fix for crash that occurred when claiming a city in a new region on a server that was experiencing lag
- Fix for issue where server select would not display the last server played on if that server was currently unavailable
- Cheetah speed disabled, selecting it will not cause your SimCity to run any faster than at Llama speed.
- Implemented a fix for crashes related to the road system finding the closest point on a road
- Fixed crashes caused by transport and pedestrian code
- Identified and resolved a processing problem for cities with helicopters